Otaki Yard FAQs
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There is plenty of on-street parking within short walking distances of the Ōtaki Yard or alternatively a small car park is located directly beside the Ōtaki Railway Station.
The Ōtaki Yard Market is on every Saturday rain or shine and the Market can be reconfigured to under cover areas if required. The Markets will not trade Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
Public Amenities are located on the other side of Amazon in Centennial Park.
- We do not allow pets (with the exception of service animals) at the Ōtaki Yard.
- It is not an ideal place for animals. It would be unfair to a dog if, through no fault of its own, it happened to “nip” a young child which at worst, could result in the dog having to be put down.
All lost & found items handed to Market staff will be available at the Ōtaki Yard Market Management stand.
Stall Holder FAQs
Fill in the application here.
An automated email will be sent confirming successful submission of your application.
Once your application has been received, the application process takes up to 7 business days.
Our booking system will have the market dates for the next 4 weeks available to book. You can book the weekends you wish to trade.
Due to space being a limiting factor, and to ensure there is an even mix of stall categories, we operate a first-in-first-served system with payment required at the time of booking.
Saturday Markets 8am – 2pm
$35+gst for sat morning stall
$80+gst for sat morning Food Truck (We will provide power to your stall in the form of a 16amp plug.)
Food Truck Nights 4pm – 9pm
$50+gst for night stall
$120+gst for night Food Truck (We will provide power to your stall in the form of a 16amp plug.)
- Non-food trucks: We will provide 1 trestle table (2.4m Long) per stall and a gazebo (3x3m) where required. You must provide everything else you want and need, to trade.
- Food Trucks: We will provide power to your stall in the form of a 16amp plug.
- For all stalls selling food we can provide a discount code for all Ecoware compostable products, allowing us to become a single-use plastic free market whilst minimising landfill waste.
Due to our first-in-first-served booking system we cannot offer refunds if you have booked and then are unable to make it.
- Preference to exhibit and location preference is given to those stallholders who upon successfully applying, choose to continually come back and exhibit at the Ōtaki Yard Market. We place previous stallholder requests first, and then place new applicants based on site availability.
- While every effort is made to accommodate stallholder needs and site requirements, Market Management reserves the right to make site allocation changes as required, in order to best serve the interests of the Market.
The Market runs from 8am to 2pm. You can set up from 7am unless your pack in takes longer than an hour. Parking is provided on a first-in-first-served for stall holders behind the service station building. Please bring your own trolley to transport stock from your vehicle as we only have a very limited number to lend out and cannot guarantee you’ll be able to access one. No vehicles are allowed in the market area except Food Trucks.